Super Cheap Tokyo: The Ultimate Budget Travel Guide to Tokyo and the Kanto Region
Super Cheap Tokyo is all you’ll need for a budget holiday in Tokyo or the surrounding Kanto region. With a large choice of discount passes, tax-free shopping and an unbelievable exchange rate, now is the time to come! Unlike other Tokyo guides, this book shows you exactly how, where and when you can save money. Grab a traditional Japanese meal for $3, buy clothes in fashion mecca Harajuku for under $10, spend next to nothing on a day’s hiking or relax in a free Japanese garden; it’s all here in this easy-to-use travel guide.
Buy the ebook direct and get 10% off with promo code 10PERCENTOFF:
Paperback and ebook versions are also available at these stores:
Inside the Super Cheap Tokyo guide book:
- Budget food – comprehensive listings of low-cost restaurants, take-outs, supermarkets, so you’ll never be lost for a cheap meal
- Budget shopping – 100 yen ($1) shops, free sample hotspots, how and where to go tax-free shopping, all the best attraction discounts and freebies
- Color maps for budget travelers, making it easy and stress-free to get around
- Highlights and itineraries based on discount subway and train passes, so you can keep costs down while exploring all across the region
- Tokyo’s hidden treasures – walking routes via historic neighborhoods to cut down on train fares, inexpensive side trips and free alternatives to busy, overpriced spots
- Essential help for budget travelers – free tours, simple to understand directions, simplified transportation maps, translations for places that don’t have English support and basic Japanese phrases to help you get better prices on your trip
- Cheap accommodation – the best and cheapest hostels, family-friendly hotels, capsule hotels, net cafes, overnight spas, campsites and more
- Guides to central Tokyo and the Imperial Palace, Harajuku, Shibuya, Akihabara, Asakusa, the Skytree, Odaiba, Shinjuku, Shin-Okubo, Ueno, Mount Fuji, Kamakura, Yokohama, Nikko, Hakone, Mount Takao, Mount Mitake, as well as many other highlights and off-the-beaten-track spots nearby
Based on the top-selling Super Cheap Japan guidebook, this book is perfect for backpackers, budget travelers, families on a tight budget, students and those who are new to Tokyo. You’ll have an amazing time, without blowing all your money away!
What readers are saying
“I would definitely recommend it as there are lots of sensible suggestions on how to have an interesting time on a low budget. Good product!” – Amazon UK review
“Baxter created a great travel book with flair. Traditional travel book musts like histories and must-see sites are included along with his tips for budget-minded travelers like where to get a traditional Japanese meal for $3 and phrases a budget-minded traveler must know. Easy to read and easy to understand with tons of color maps featuring legends that mark 100¥ stores, cheap supermarkets, cheap hotels, and more.” – Krystal Kakimoto, Goodreads book reviewer
“I wish I had been able to study your book more before I left home!” – Reader, via email
What the media are saying about the book
“In the book you will find museums with no entrance charges, places to get the cheapest train fares (occasional shuttles buses and very good deals on a few outside-of-Tokyo trips), cheap eats (sometimes the only economical choices are convenience stores or BYO foods), shopping (including many 100 yen stores) and even the occasional out-of-the-blue freebies like Tokyo Tower tickets being free on your birthday.” – JapanVisitor.com
“…. this book is so detailed! It provides the best cheap restaurants around each area (Shinjuku, Harajuku etc). I find this to be a plus point because as a foreigner who can’t read Japanese, it kinda difficult finding places to eat at sometimes.” – Ann, social media influencer at Petite Diaries
“Why I really like this book? It is compact and easy to use with all the information and tips at your fingertips…… Tokyo offers countless tourist attractions to visitors, and this bookgives you plenty of great travel options to explore without breaking the bank.” – Japan Australia
Super Cheap Tokyo has been featured on….
Please only buy authentic books from Super Cheap Guides to avoid disappointment. All our books are authored by Matthew Baxter, under the Super Cheap Japan or Super Cheap Guides publisher names.